Just Your Average 20-Something Guy in Chicago:

The life and stories of your average, single 20-something professional in the city of Chicago. Is it Funny - Maybe. Sad - Probably. Delicious to read - if you like reading about nothing. But, hey, it worked for Seinfeld.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17th

The problem with relationships and the beginning of them are the games that are necessary to play. After the first date you have to wait X number of days. If you call someone and they do not pick up, you leave a message but cannot call back for X number of days again. Therefore that waiting period inbetween and hoping you get a call back is awful. You think of everything negative and wonder where something could have gone wrong. Or for me, all the messed up women (so I would like to believe) I have gone on a date with and never would call back, have messed me up here. Although, all those single women out there that are reading this (all none of you) I am single, funny, likes to go out to the bars or to dinner and love my family. Sounds perfect, right? Yeah, so I have heard.....

The one problem with when you start to date someone is that you are almost sending someone else to go on the dates for you. Someone who listens, cares and pretends to really be interested in what the other sex is talking about. You listen just enough so that you can ask questions back, but the rest of the time you are thinking, this beer or wine simply tastes delicious. Or, I wish a buddy could see me with her right now, proof I am not gay, proof I can go on dates with attractive women and that I do not instantly scare them off. You wish it was almost legit to have a picture taken so early in the dating scene to prove it to other women that I am able to go on dates with attractive women, because that is the time when women want a man, as soon as he is unavailable. Booze helps too.

So I am dealing with the fun stuff of selling my house as eluded to in the previous posts. The fun part of this process is seeing where else you may move. The down side is still waiting for someone to make an offer and for it to actually sell. Then you get the joy of moving and when you move you forget how expensive it is to buy the little things every new house needs. Even after all that, I am still real excited about the prospects of moving to a new place. In my mind it is going to be the Rain Man Suite when in all actuality it will probably be closer to a view of a brick wall or of an alley. Nothing like waking up in the morning on a Sunday, stepping outside to your porch or balcony with the Sunday paper in hand, ready for a relaxing morning, with the balcony overhanging the alley, where the neighbors decided that would be a good place when they got home from the bars last night to take a piss or to vomit, only steps away from their actual home. Or, the other pleasure, having the balcony right over the garbage. "Such a lovely morning, and do I smell rancid milk and rotting chicken bones? Fantastic!"

So the weather in Chicago has gone from spring-like to winter-like in a matter of days. Yesterday was no exception, until about 4PM when I looked out the office window and saw no clouds, a blue sky and a bright thing I was told was the sun. Amazing how in Chicago spring can come and go like a $2 crack rock. The great thing about when the weather gets nice in Chicago, nights at Wrigley Field are wonderful. Much more fun if the team decides to win some games, but it really is a great way to spend the night, as for me, tonight is that night. But, much like Chicago this time of year, the weather in the 70s is suppose to dip into the 60s and 50s tonight with major T-Storms a possibility. Great times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home